Appeal for witnesses to Mile End fatal collision
Police are appealing for information and witnesses after a fatal accident in the early hours of yesterday morning.
Police were called to Bancroft Road junction with Mile End Road, at 4.25am following reports of a road traffic collision.
Officers and London Ambulance Service attended the scene and found a male pedestrian in his twenties suffering from serious injuries following a collision with a car.
He was pronounced dead at the scene shortly afterwards. Police are waiting for formal identification. A post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
A 22-year-old-man was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving. He was taken to an east London police station for questioning and has been bailed to a date in mid-November.
You may also want to watch:
Police in Tower Hamlets are continuing to investigate along with officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit in Chadwell Heath.
Temporary road closures put in place following the collision have now been lifted.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 5 Trees planted to remember people who died of Covid in the East End
- 6 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 7 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 8 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 9 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
- 10 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
Anyone with information is urged to call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath on 0208-597-4874 or 0800-555-111.