Appeal for witnesses to Mile End fatal collision
Police are appealing for information and witnesses after a fatal accident in the early hours of yesterday morning.
Police were called to Bancroft Road junction with Mile End Road, at 4.25am following reports of a road traffic collision.
Officers and London Ambulance Service attended the scene and found a male pedestrian in his twenties suffering from serious injuries following a collision with a car.
He was pronounced dead at the scene shortly afterwards. Police are waiting for formal identification. A post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
A 22-year-old-man was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving. He was taken to an east London police station for questioning and has been bailed to a date in mid-November.
You may also want to watch:
Police in Tower Hamlets are continuing to investigate along with officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit in Chadwell Heath.
Temporary road closures put in place following the collision have now been lifted.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 10 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
Anyone with information is urged to call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath on 0208-597-4874 or 0800-555-111.