Appeal for witnesses to Mile End fatal collision
Police are appealing for information and witnesses after a fatal accident in the early hours of yesterday morning.
Police were called to Bancroft Road junction with Mile End Road, at 4.25am following reports of a road traffic collision.
Officers and London Ambulance Service attended the scene and found a male pedestrian in his twenties suffering from serious injuries following a collision with a car.
He was pronounced dead at the scene shortly afterwards. Police are waiting for formal identification. A post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
A 22-year-old-man was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving. He was taken to an east London police station for questioning and has been bailed to a date in mid-November.
You may also want to watch:
Police in Tower Hamlets are continuing to investigate along with officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit in Chadwell Heath.
Temporary road closures put in place following the collision have now been lifted.
- 1 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 2 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 3 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 4 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 5 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 6 Updated appeal for information about man last seen in Poplar in January
- 7 MPs pledge to fight on for 'forgotten victims' of IRA Canary Wharf bombing
- 8 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 9 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 10 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
Anyone with information is urged to call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath on 0208-597-4874 or 0800-555-111.