Apprentice stars dish up Iftar treat to homeless in Whitechapel
APPRENTICE stars are donning their aprons to serve up meals for 1,000 homeless people in a park in Whitechapel tonight. The feast is one of ten gatherings in ten different countries to offer Iftar meals, at the break of the Ramadan fast, for needy peop
APPRENTICE stars are donning their aprons to serve up meals for 1,000 homeless people in a park in Whitechapel tonight.
The feast is one of ten gatherings in ten different countries to offer Iftar meals, at the break of the Ramadan fast, for needy people in the community.
Former Apprentice celebrities, Tre Azzam, Shazia Wahab, Majid Nagra and Syed Ahmed will be serving up Ramadan delights including samosas, pakoras, Indian sweets and an exotic fruit salad.
The meal will be served at sunset in Altab Ali Park and with any remaining food distributed to various homeless shelters around London.
You may also want to watch:
Guests will also be entertained with music from Muslim hip hop group, Mecca2Medina, Abdullah Rolle and British stand-up comedian, Prince Abdi.
- 1 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 2 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire
- 3 MP's fury at four-year delay removing Grenfell-type cladding from block
- 4 Leyton Orient have announced their retained list as they begin rebuild
- 5 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 6 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 7 'Halt to development draining services' after win for neighbourhood plan
- 8 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 9 Leyton Orient have a big summer ahead of them insists director Ling
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'