Apprentices needed at construction sites in Whitechapel, Canary Wharf and Canning Town
- Credit: Archant
Apprenticeships are being offered on the building sites in Whitechapel, Canary Wharf and Canning Town for on-the-job training for careers in construction.
Trainees are needed by Berkeley Homes at the massive Goodman’s Field housing scheme off Commercial Road and at Canary Wharf’s South Quay Plaza for business admin, carpentry, cladding, dry lining, painting and tiling.
The Goodman’s Field site also needs landscaping apprentices, while South Quay Plaza wants additional trainees for kitchen fitting, lifts engineering and steel fixing.
One trainee already on the scheme is Rainá Malcolm, a second-year apprentice in kitchen fitting.
“I secured a university place to study architecture, but was worried about the cost of a degree,” she said. “This apprenticeship is a chance to learn and earn at the same time.”
You may also want to watch:
The construction site at Stephenson Street in Canning Town needs trainees in business admin and for a civil engineer and a technical coordinator.
Trainees get support from mentors to gain skills and confidence as well as construction industry qualifications. Applications are open until April 27 to register online.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 4 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 5 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 9 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 10 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel