Armand Gnanduillet swaps Leyton Orient for League Two rivals Blackpool
- Credit: Archant
French forward’s short stay in east London is over after scoring just four times and failing to make huge impression
Leyton Orient have allowed forward Armand Gnanduillet to complete a permanent transfer to Blackpool.
The 24-year-old only moved to O’s at the start of the year for an undisclosed fee from Chesterfield, but never managed to establish himself in the starting XI.
He scored four goals for the east Londoners last season, including a brace in a 2-0 victory at home to Crawley Town.
But when Gnanduillet netted in the 3-2 win against Dagenham & Redbridge, he cupped his ear to the fans in the North Stand, which didn’t impress the Brisbane Road supporters.
You may also want to watch:
This year he has remained an unused substitute on three occasions and come off the bench at Cheltenham Town on the opening day of the campaign.
A statement on the Orient website read: “The club would like to thank Armand for his contribution and wish him well for the future.”
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 10 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
Gnanduillet has signed a two-year deal at League Two rivals Blackpool and therefore come up against his old team-mates before the end of the year.
The decision to allow the Frenchman to leave suggests that O’s are determined to keep hold of Jay Simpson, who played his first match of the season on Tuesday night at home to Stevenage having spoken to Southend United about a proposed move at the start of the month.