Armed cops swoop on Isle of Dogs after gunfire is heard
POLICE surrounded a tower block in London’s East End during the night after receiving 20 calls reporting gunfire. Armed cops from Scotland Yard’s crack CO19 were joined by detectives form Limehouse CID at the Quarterdeck estate on the Isle of Dogs
POLICE surrounded a tower block in London’s East End during the night after receiving 20 calls reporting gunfire.
Armed cops from Scotland Yard’s crack SO19 were joined by detectives form Limehouse CID at the 20-storey Topmast high-rise on Millwall’s Quarterdeck housing estate in Westferry Road on the Isle of Dogs just before midnight (Monday).
“We received 999 calls from people saying they heard shots fired,” said a Scotland Yard official.
“But we found no-one wounded. We have checked hospitals since and there has been no-one reported injured by gunshot.”
You may also want to watch:
Officers searched the grounds of the estate for an hour for any signs of gunfire, but are not thought to have found anything. There were no arrests.
The operation involving SO19 was reported to be routine’ when responding to reports of gunfire. They left the estate when it was declared safe.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 6 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park