Armed cops swoop on Isle of Dogs after gunfire is heard
POLICE surrounded a tower block in London’s East End during the night after receiving 20 calls reporting gunfire. Armed cops from Scotland Yard’s crack CO19 were joined by detectives form Limehouse CID at the Quarterdeck estate on the Isle of Dogs
POLICE surrounded a tower block in London’s East End during the night after receiving 20 calls reporting gunfire.
Armed cops from Scotland Yard’s crack SO19 were joined by detectives form Limehouse CID at the 20-storey Topmast high-rise on Millwall’s Quarterdeck housing estate in Westferry Road on the Isle of Dogs just before midnight (Monday).
“We received 999 calls from people saying they heard shots fired,” said a Scotland Yard official.
“But we found no-one wounded. We have checked hospitals since and there has been no-one reported injured by gunshot.”
You may also want to watch:
Officers searched the grounds of the estate for an hour for any signs of gunfire, but are not thought to have found anything. There were no arrests.
The operation involving SO19 was reported to be routine’ when responding to reports of gunfire. They left the estate when it was declared safe.
- 1 Man found stabbed on board night bus
- 2 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 3 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 4 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 5 Witness appeal continues a month after youth stabbed in Shadwell
- 6 Trees planted to remember people who died of Covid in the East End
- 7 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 8 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 Rabina Khan: 'We need powers to hold housing associations accountable'