Armed cops swoop on Isle of Dogs after gunfire is heard
POLICE surrounded a tower block in London’s East End during the night after receiving 20 calls reporting gunfire. Armed cops from Scotland Yard’s crack CO19 were joined by detectives form Limehouse CID at the Quarterdeck estate on the Isle of Dogs
POLICE surrounded a tower block in London’s East End during the night after receiving 20 calls reporting gunfire.
Armed cops from Scotland Yard’s crack SO19 were joined by detectives form Limehouse CID at the 20-storey Topmast high-rise on Millwall’s Quarterdeck housing estate in Westferry Road on the Isle of Dogs just before midnight (Monday).
“We received 999 calls from people saying they heard shots fired,” said a Scotland Yard official.
“But we found no-one wounded. We have checked hospitals since and there has been no-one reported injured by gunshot.”
You may also want to watch:
Officers searched the grounds of the estate for an hour for any signs of gunfire, but are not thought to have found anything. There were no arrests.
The operation involving SO19 was reported to be routine’ when responding to reports of gunfire. They left the estate when it was declared safe.
- 1 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 4 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 5 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 6 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 7 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 8 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs