Aron Pollock, Sam Sargeant and Freddy Moncur sign professional contracts with Leyton Orient
- Credit: Archant
Brisbane Road outfit confirm deals for various youngsters at the club as plans for the future start to take place
Leyton Orient have announced that Aron Pollock and Sam Sargeant have signed two-year professional contracts with the League Two club.
Pollock, 18, shone last weekend on his debut against Mansfield Town and was given the man of the match award as a result.
He was a second-year scholar with the O’s youth side, but has now penned a deal to remain at Brisbane Road until the summer of 2018.
Sargeant has been involved with the first team in recent weeks and went to the England Men’s Goalkeeper Training Camp last month.
You may also want to watch:
The 18-year-old, who spent time on-loan at Ryman North side Redbridge earlier in the campaign, has also signed a two-year contract.
Freddy Moncur is staying after making two appearances for Orient this season - the first during their 2-1 defeat at Luton Town in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy on September 1.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
He impressed in the 6-1 win over Staines Town on November 7 in the first round of the FA Cup as well after coming on at half time.
After signing a third-year scholar contract last summer, the midfielder has now agreed a professional deal until the end of next season.
Michael Clark, who is captain of the Orient under-18s, should be remaining at Brisbane Road alongside Sam Alderson and Victor Adeboyejo.
The trio have been offered third-year scholar deals and will all hope to make an impact on the first team next season.
However Sam Ling, Jack Humphrey, Montel Agyemang and Christian Owusu haven’t been given new terms and will leave the club.
O’s supporters will be pleased to know Pollock, Sargeant and Moncur are staying at Brisbane Road for the foreseeable future.
After seeing Adeboyejo make his debut in December, Orient fans will be keen to see how the forward develops next season.
Alderson played a major part in the under-18s securing the Merit League One title alongside Clark and both are expected to have big futures.
Despite nobody knowing who will be manager of the first team, this news represents a positive and shows the O’s academy staff are trying to plan ahead for the 2016/17 campaign.