Arrests at Mile End crime clamp down
POLICE arrested 42 people, including three on suspicion of attempted murder during a three week crime clamp down around Mile End station and park. High visibility patrols took to the streets, police put up a screening arch to search for weapons and carri
POLICE arrested 42 people, including three on suspicion of attempted murder during a three week crime clamp down around Mile End station and park.
High visibility patrols took to the streets, police put up a screening arch to search for weapons and carried out search warrants and set up a dispersal zone in Eric Street.
They also set up an automatic number plate reader operation to spot any wanted vehicles.
The 42 arrests were made for possession of drugs, possession with intent to supply drugs, burglary, attempted murder, public order offences, assault, sexual assault, drink driving, theft of motor vehicle, disqualified driving, handling stolen goods , theft and wanted on warrant.
Police also issued
17 cannabis warnings and 15 disposal zone enforcements.
- 1 Guilty: Man murdered woman at bus stop and tried to kill another a day later
- 2 Archie Battersbee case to be reconsidered in High Court
- 3 £28k worth of illegal tobacco seized from containers and shops during raids
- 4 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 5 Bethnal Green officers sacked over 'abhorrent and discriminatory' messages
- 6 1888 Match Girls’ Strike marked with blue plaque in east London
- 7 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 8 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 9 Former Tower Hamlets councillor publishes autobiography on life as a hijabi woman
- 10 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
Superintendant Mark Wolski said: "This initiative has been a tremendous success and has resulted in a reduction in crime of over 10 per cent compared to last year in this area. However we are not complacent and will continue to work with the local community to make Mile End a safer place to live and work.