Arrests at Mile End crime clamp down
POLICE arrested 42 people, including three on suspicion of attempted murder during a three week crime clamp down around Mile End station and park. High visibility patrols took to the streets, police put up a screening arch to search for weapons and carri
POLICE arrested 42 people, including three on suspicion of attempted murder during a three week crime clamp down around Mile End station and park.
High visibility patrols took to the streets, police put up a screening arch to search for weapons and carried out search warrants and set up a dispersal zone in Eric Street.
They also set up an automatic number plate reader operation to spot any wanted vehicles.
The 42 arrests were made for possession of drugs, possession with intent to supply drugs, burglary, attempted murder, public order offences, assault, sexual assault, drink driving, theft of motor vehicle, disqualified driving, handling stolen goods , theft and wanted on warrant.
Police also issued
17 cannabis warnings and 15 disposal zone enforcements.
- 1 Bow flat fire caused by sunlight on glass bottle
- 2 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
- 4 Bow man accused of carrying out fatal hammer attack appears at Old Bailey
- 5 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 6 Covid patients numbers declining in east London hospitals
- 7 Japanese udon noodles chain to mark Canary Wharf opening with free bowls
- 8 Crossrail: Canary Wharf station ready as Elizabeth Line nears opening
- 9 East End's 'last' Victorian funeral parlour being restored - and opens as burger bar
- 10 Fire brigade raises concerns over 51-storey Canary Wharf tower plans
Superintendant Mark Wolski said: "This initiative has been a tremendous success and has resulted in a reduction in crime of over 10 per cent compared to last year in this area. However we are not complacent and will continue to work with the local community to make Mile End a safer place to live and work.