Arrests at Mile End crime clamp down
POLICE arrested 42 people, including three on suspicion of attempted murder during a three week crime clamp down around Mile End station and park. High visibility patrols took to the streets, police put up a screening arch to search for weapons and carri
POLICE arrested 42 people, including three on suspicion of attempted murder during a three week crime clamp down around Mile End station and park.
High visibility patrols took to the streets, police put up a screening arch to search for weapons and carried out search warrants and set up a dispersal zone in Eric Street.
They also set up an automatic number plate reader operation to spot any wanted vehicles.
The 42 arrests were made for possession of drugs, possession with intent to supply drugs, burglary, attempted murder, public order offences, assault, sexual assault, drink driving, theft of motor vehicle, disqualified driving, handling stolen goods , theft and wanted on warrant.
You may also want to watch:
Police also issued
17 cannabis warnings and 15 disposal zone enforcements.
- 1 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 2 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 5 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 8 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
Superintendant Mark Wolski said: "This initiative has been a tremendous success and has resulted in a reduction in crime of over 10 per cent compared to last year in this area. However we are not complacent and will continue to work with the local community to make Mile End a safer place to live and work.