‘Paint between the lines’ invite at Old Truman’s brewery or maybe splosh it on after a few beers
- Credit: Camden Town brewery
Anyone who remembers painting by numbers as a kid can try their hand at filling in the blank spaces on prints by 12 leading artists at the old Truman’s brewery today.
A colour-it-yourself art installation is being set up from 1pm at Ely's Yard, off Brick Lane, where you can add your own artistic touch.
A collection of prints is being displayed by Camden Town Brewery for one of its product launches.
Members of the public are being invited to grab a paint brush, don artist overalls and colour in three of the giant designs by artists Lucy Kirk, Ryan Chapman and Thomas Slater.
Brewery founder Jasper Cuppaidge said: "We've commissioned the artists to create these designs and are giving everyone the chance to enjoy them on their walls, entirely on us."
You may also want to watch:
He believes "great art should be available to all" and is offering copies of the prints to take home.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 8 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel