Art work put up under Bow Roundabout ahead of London Olympics
A large art work has appeared under the Bow Flyover ahead of the Olympics.
The sign with individual letters reading the name Bow has been put up as part of the decoration for High Street 2012.
The high street project aims to spruce up the area connecting the City with the Olympic Park at Stratford.
Light, purely for decoration, will also be placed under the roundabout, according to a Transport for London spokesman.
Geraniums have also been planted to provide immediate colour and interest during the Games while a permanent planting scheme will be installed after the Games.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “TfL has worked to declutter and resurface the footpaths around the roundabout.”
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 8 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 9 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 10 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing