Art work put up under Bow Roundabout ahead of London Olympics
A large art work has appeared under the Bow Flyover ahead of the Olympics.
The sign with individual letters reading the name Bow has been put up as part of the decoration for High Street 2012.
The high street project aims to spruce up the area connecting the City with the Olympic Park at Stratford.
Light, purely for decoration, will also be placed under the roundabout, according to a Transport for London spokesman.
Geraniums have also been planted to provide immediate colour and interest during the Games while a permanent planting scheme will be installed after the Games.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “TfL has worked to declutter and resurface the footpaths around the roundabout.”
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week