Laura makes her charcoal art mark at Bethnal Green’s Espacio Gallery
- Credit: Nick Kochan
Mother-of-two Laura Lehman-Kochan is getting back to her first love creating charcoal and pastel artwork to go on public show now her two children are growing up.
Drawing is her first love, she admits—apart from raising her family.
American-born Laura has an exhibition opening at Bethnal Green's Espacio Gallery next week.
"Being a mother inevitably distracts you from your artwork," Laura reveals.
"It takes up your concentration and is hard giving everything to your work when you have the demands of a family.
You may also want to watch:
"But now the children are growing up, I can give more to my work."
She does regular life drawing in her family's sitting room and also teaches drawing to art students.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
"I love a fluent mark when you draw something quickly," she tells you. "It generally doesn't come to anything if you think too much. You need to know when to stop and not overdo things."
Laura's show at the Espacio Gallery at 159 Bethnal Green Road opens on November 19 and runs till November 24, Tuesday to Saturday 1-7pm, Sunday 1-5pm.