Artists get new studios on Lesney’s old toy factory site
PLANNING permission has been given for a block of artists’ studios in East London on the site of an old toy factory Developers want to put up 49 studios where the huge Lesney’s plant making Matchbox Toys used to be, next to the Lee Navigation canal at Homerton.
PLANNING permission has been given for a block of artists' studios in East London on the site of an old toy factory.
Developers want to put up 49 studios where the huge Lesney's plant making Matchbox Toys used to be, next to the Lee Navigation canal at Homerton.
The development overlooking the site of the 2012 Olympics, is aimed to be a focus for creative industries after the Games.
More access to the Lee Navigation with moorings for residential and commercial boats is also proposed.
You may also want to watch:
The plans have been given the green light by Hackney Council which wants more jobs created in the area zoned for commercial use.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week