Inspire’s Tower Hamlets mental health phone line for evening callers
- Credit: Getty Images
The all-in-one support service for anyone with mental issues is extending its phoneline to take late evening calls every Thursday.
The Inspire mental health consortium of eight organisations commissioned by Tower Hamlets Council is responding to public demand for confidential over-the-phone help after daytime working hours.
So it is extending its operations once-a-week until 8pm on Thursdays at its Bromley-by-Bow call centre.
“We have responded directly to the needs expressed by people,” Inspire’s project coordinator Lisa Grogan said.
“This means people can call or get direct one-to-one short-term support after work or after the demands of a regular busy day. Our aim is to make sure they have the right support at the ‘point of need’ in the community.”
You may also want to watch:
The late-night extension is on top of the regular 9am-5.30pm weekday hours.
Inspire mental health recovery is on 0330 053 8122, or inspire-wellbeing online
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 3 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 10 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt