Aspiring models from Tower Hamlets reach finals of national competition
- Credit: Archant
Two aspiring models from Tower Hamlets have got through to the grand finale of a national search to find the next British cover-girl.
Martina Junvik, 22, and 16-year-old Michelle Neil were both thrilled to make it through to the finals of the Top Model UK competition.
Michelle, who goes to Morpeth School in Portman Place, Bethnal Green, said: “I was so excited and happy when I got through. I was really surprised because I entered last year, but didn’t get through because my nerves got the better of me. But this year, the judge said he was really proud of me and said that I’ve matured.”
The schoolgirl, who lives in Bethnal Green, said she has been bullied in the past because she was so tall and skinny – but now she is proud of her figure.
“I’ve told a few of mates about the competition, and it’s slowly going around the school,” she added.
You may also want to watch:
Martina, an events planner and hostess who lives in Limehouse, says the competition has boosted her confidence and she now hopes to pursue modelling as a career.
The finals are set to place on April 12-13 in central London.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Man found stabbed on board night bus