Assembly quiz rail bosses over �108m London transport cuts
RAIL bosses are in for a grilling over future of the ageing Underground in the face of the new coalition Government’s swingeing �108 million cuts to London’s public transport. London Assembly members from 10am are questioning plans to bring the upgrade’ back in-house
RAIL bosses are in for a grilling this-morning over future of the ageing Underground in the face of the new coalition Government's swingeing �108 million cuts to London's public transport.
London Assembly members are questioning proposals to bring the Underground 'upgrade' back 'in-house and want to know what it means in timing and costs.
Questions are also likely to be asked about progress on finishing the 'Overground' orbital network surrounding central London.
The Assembly's Transport committee will quiz London Underground's managing director Mike Brown for an hour from 10am about plans to end the �30 billion 'public-private partnership' and take control of Tube Lines' contracts for upgrading the Jubilee, Northern and Piccadilly lines.
You may also want to watch:
The Committee then discusses improvements to London's orbital network with TfL and passenger groups.
They include London Rail Managing Director Ian Brown, London TravelWatch research chief Tim Bellenger, North Orbital Rail Partnership secretary Peter Staveley, Barking-Gospel Oak Line User Group's Richard Pout, Save the South London Line campaign's John Stewart and West London Line Group chairman Mark Balaam.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing
- 8 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 9 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 10 O’s seeking to end winless run of three games with win over struggling Saddlers