Assembly quiz rail bosses over �108m London transport cuts
RAIL bosses are in for a grilling over future of the ageing Underground in the face of the new coalition Government’s swingeing �108 million cuts to London’s public transport. London Assembly members from 10am are questioning plans to bring the upgrade’ back in-house
RAIL bosses are in for a grilling this-morning over future of the ageing Underground in the face of the new coalition Government's swingeing �108 million cuts to London's public transport.
London Assembly members are questioning proposals to bring the Underground 'upgrade' back 'in-house and want to know what it means in timing and costs.
Questions are also likely to be asked about progress on finishing the 'Overground' orbital network surrounding central London.
The Assembly's Transport committee will quiz London Underground's managing director Mike Brown for an hour from 10am about plans to end the �30 billion 'public-private partnership' and take control of Tube Lines' contracts for upgrading the Jubilee, Northern and Piccadilly lines.
You may also want to watch:
The Committee then discusses improvements to London's orbital network with TfL and passenger groups.
They include London Rail Managing Director Ian Brown, London TravelWatch research chief Tim Bellenger, North Orbital Rail Partnership secretary Peter Staveley, Barking-Gospel Oak Line User Group's Richard Pout, Save the South London Line campaign's John Stewart and West London Line Group chairman Mark Balaam.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 6 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
- 10 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals