At last council comes clean over �8m debt
Dear Ed, TOWER Hamlets council has finally had to come clean. After three years of sticking council tax up and up, the Labour party has still landed us with a whacking �8 million deficit
TOWER Hamlets council has finally had to come clean. After three years of sticking council tax up and up, the Labour party has still landed us with a whacking �8 million deficit.
What are we council taxpayers getting for our money, all of it (and then some) spent so wisely?
That's �8,00,000 too much on their walled-off 'dacha' at Mulberry Place (new Town Hall) when we have four old town halls standing empty and rotting and �280,000 too much spent on the propaganda 'East End Life' paper. If they must tell us that all is sweetness and light (in the newspaper), can they at least not be so blatant in proving the opposite?
You may also want to watch:
And in the borough with a worse housing crisis in the country, our masters spent �4m more than their own estimate and are only planning to build 661 new homes, less than a quarter of the original target!
Tower Hamlets wastes council taxpayers' money and can't get round to building the homes nor keep its own finances in order.
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Truman's Brewery future being debated at Tower Hamlets Council
- 4 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 5 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 6 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 7 Protest rally over Uyghur Muslims planned at China’s new Royal Mint embassy
- 8 Rape victim speaks out as Met Police relaunch Ask for Angela scheme
- 9 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 10 Call to remain vigilant after gay man killed in park in Mile End
They won't tell you that in 'East End Life'!
Millharbour, Isle of Dogs