At last council comes clean over �8m debt
Dear Ed, TOWER Hamlets council has finally had to come clean. After three years of sticking council tax up and up, the Labour party has still landed us with a whacking �8 million deficit
TOWER Hamlets council has finally had to come clean. After three years of sticking council tax up and up, the Labour party has still landed us with a whacking �8 million deficit.
What are we council taxpayers getting for our money, all of it (and then some) spent so wisely?
That's �8,00,000 too much on their walled-off 'dacha' at Mulberry Place (new Town Hall) when we have four old town halls standing empty and rotting and �280,000 too much spent on the propaganda 'East End Life' paper. If they must tell us that all is sweetness and light (in the newspaper), can they at least not be so blatant in proving the opposite?
You may also want to watch:
And in the borough with a worse housing crisis in the country, our masters spent �4m more than their own estimate and are only planning to build 661 new homes, less than a quarter of the original target!
Tower Hamlets wastes council taxpayers' money and can't get round to building the homes nor keep its own finances in order.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 5 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 10 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
They won't tell you that in 'East End Life'!
Millharbour, Isle of Dogs