At last council comes clean over �8m debt
Dear Ed, TOWER Hamlets council has finally had to come clean. After three years of sticking council tax up and up, the Labour party has still landed us with a whacking �8 million deficit
TOWER Hamlets council has finally had to come clean. After three years of sticking council tax up and up, the Labour party has still landed us with a whacking �8 million deficit.
What are we council taxpayers getting for our money, all of it (and then some) spent so wisely?
That's �8,00,000 too much on their walled-off 'dacha' at Mulberry Place (new Town Hall) when we have four old town halls standing empty and rotting and �280,000 too much spent on the propaganda 'East End Life' paper. If they must tell us that all is sweetness and light (in the newspaper), can they at least not be so blatant in proving the opposite?
And in the borough with a worse housing crisis in the country, our masters spent �4m more than their own estimate and are only planning to build 661 new homes, less than a quarter of the original target!
Tower Hamlets wastes council taxpayers' money and can't get round to building the homes nor keep its own finances in order.
- 1 Bow flat fire caused by sunlight on glass bottle
- 2 Bow man accused of carrying out fatal hammer attack appears at Old Bailey
- 3 Crossrail: Canary Wharf station ready as Elizabeth Line nears opening
- 4 Japanese udon noodles chain to mark Canary Wharf opening with free bowls
- 5 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 6 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 7 New Kray twins book to explore lives of gangsters 'aside from the crimes'
- 8 Riverside park extension above new sewage structures given green light
- 9 Bow man appears in court charged with murder after body found in cemetery
- 10 East End's 'last' Victorian funeral parlour being restored - and opens as burger bar
They won't tell you that in 'East End Life'!
Millharbour, Isle of Dogs