At least two women raped in series of Tower Hamlets sex attack
THREE women have been reportedly attacked in separate sexual assaults in Bromley-by-Bow in the last two weeks. Two women were raped within the space of two days earlier this month. The sites of the attacks were just 500 metres apart. The first victim, a w
THREE women have been reportedly attacked in separate sexual assaults in Bromley-by-Bow in the last two weeks.
Two women were raped within the space of two days earlier this month. The sites of the attacks were just 500 metres apart.
The first victim, a woman in her 20s, was attacked in Furze Green, off Devon's Road around 2.45am on Sunday, June 6.
Another woman, aged 25, was raped at the junction of nearby Rounton Road and Campbell Road around 11.55pm on Tuesday, June 8.
You may also want to watch:
And the latest victim was found unconscious in Furze Green by neighbours in Devon's Road around 4am this morning (Wednesday).
Police say the 19-year-old was found in the park off Devon's Road in Bromley-by-Bow and has been taken to hospital for tests.
- 1 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 4 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 5 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 8 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 9 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 10 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
But officers are as yet unable to confirm whether she has been sexually assaulted.
Neighbours say that the first rape victim was found semi-naked in the park by early morning dog walkers.
One neighbour, who asked not to be named, said: "It's really worrying; I use the park a lot, everybody does, and for this to happen three times in the last two weeks is really scary.
"What's also worrying is that the police aren't telling us anything. The park has been cordoned off but all the officers are saying is that there's been an incident and no one's allowed in."
Officers from the Met's specialist Operation Sapphire unit are investigating the first two incidents, which they say are not connected.
The suspect in the first rape is described as an Asian man on a BMX bike while the suspect in the second rape is described as black and around 6ft tall.
Officers are appealing for witnesses to the sexual assaults and are urging anyone with information to contact Operation Sapphire on 020 7275 3954 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.