Baldock set for starting role
Hammers striker set to make full debut while defender given a lifeline
West Ham striker Sam Baldock is set to make his full debut for the Hammers on Saturday in their Championship clash with Peterborough at Upton Park.
The 22-year-old striker was introduced from the bench against Millwall last weekend, and looked lively playing alongside Carlton Cole.
And it seems that Hammers boss Sam Allardyce is willing to change his formation to 4-4-2 to be more attacking at home against The Posh.
However, the inclusion of an extra striker will result in one less midfielder, with Henri Lansbury and Mark Noble fighting it out for a starting place alongside Matt Taylor, captain Kevin Nolan and David Bentley, who is set to start his first game for the club at the expense of Julien Faubert.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Herita Ilunga has been handed a lifeline by the club after he played 90 minutes in the Development Squad’s 1-0 defeat at Charlton Athletic on Tuesday afternoon.
Having been omitted from the team photo and with Australian left back David Carney on trial, it looked like the Congo international was on his way out of the club.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 10 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
However, with Carney not expected to earn a contract, it seems Ilunga will be George McCartney’s back-up.