Baldock set for starting role
Hammers striker set to make full debut while defender given a lifeline
West Ham striker Sam Baldock is set to make his full debut for the Hammers on Saturday in their Championship clash with Peterborough at Upton Park.
The 22-year-old striker was introduced from the bench against Millwall last weekend, and looked lively playing alongside Carlton Cole.
And it seems that Hammers boss Sam Allardyce is willing to change his formation to 4-4-2 to be more attacking at home against The Posh.
However, the inclusion of an extra striker will result in one less midfielder, with Henri Lansbury and Mark Noble fighting it out for a starting place alongside Matt Taylor, captain Kevin Nolan and David Bentley, who is set to start his first game for the club at the expense of Julien Faubert.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Herita Ilunga has been handed a lifeline by the club after he played 90 minutes in the Development Squad’s 1-0 defeat at Charlton Athletic on Tuesday afternoon.
Having been omitted from the team photo and with Australian left back David Carney on trial, it looked like the Congo international was on his way out of the club.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 8 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 9 O’s seeking to end winless run of three games with win over struggling Saddlers
- 10 Man, 19, charged after alleged sexual assaults in Tower Hamlets
However, with Carney not expected to earn a contract, it seems Ilunga will be George McCartney’s back-up.