BANGLA TV chairman guilty of fraud conspiracy against bank
THE CHAIRMAN of an Asian TV channel broadcasting from the East End has been found guilty of conspiracy to defraud in connection with an investigation into the theft of nearly �850,000 from HBOS.
THE CHAIRMAN of an Asian TV channel broadcasting from the East End has been found guilty of conspiracy to defraud in connection with an investigation into the theft of nearly �850,000 from a major high street Bank.
Feroze Khan, aged, 55, who is the chairman of Bangla TV based at Hackney Wick, was found guilty of conspiracy to defraud HBOS by a jury at Leeds Crown Court last Friday.
Mr Khan, of Bowes-Lyon Hall in Wesley Avenue, Silvertown, will be sentenced this Friday.
Three years ago six other men and a woman were also convicted of conspiracy to defraud at Sheffield Crown Court in connection with this same investigation.
A further man is due to stand trial Leeds Crown Court in June as part of the investigation by West Yorkshire Police.
- 1 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 2 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 3 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 4 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 5 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 6 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 7 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 8 Shoreditch Park Academy officially opens its doors
- 9 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 10 Covid-19: How the situation in Tower Hamlets compares to this time last year