Bank appoints woman to push small firms through recession
A NEW regional commercial director has been announced this morning by a major high street bank to help small firms through the recession. HSBC’s business division has appointed Carol Bagnald to the new post to head its London commercial team
A NEW regional commercial director has been announced this morning by a major high street bank to help small firms through the recession.
HSBC’s business division has appointed Carol Bagnald to the new post to head its London commercial team.
Carol is one of six new commercial directors being appointed up and down the country as part of the banking conglomerate’s new UK regional structure.
She leads a 400-strong London commercial banking team, with 11 area directors including Thames Gateway in East London and the City and West End. There is also a multicultural banking’ team of Asian, East European, Turkish and Chinese staff.
You may also want to watch:
Her role is aimed at giving small firms access to business banking and insurance, international trading with foreign exchange management and specialist finance for franchises and professionals such as solicitors and accountants.
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park