Bank appoints woman to push small firms through recession
A NEW regional commercial director has been announced this morning by a major high street bank to help small firms through the recession. HSBC’s business division has appointed Carol Bagnald to the new post to head its London commercial team
A NEW regional commercial director has been announced this morning by a major high street bank to help small firms through the recession.
HSBC’s business division has appointed Carol Bagnald to the new post to head its London commercial team.
Carol is one of six new commercial directors being appointed up and down the country as part of the banking conglomerate’s new UK regional structure.
She leads a 400-strong London commercial banking team, with 11 area directors including Thames Gateway in East London and the City and West End. There is also a multicultural banking’ team of Asian, East European, Turkish and Chinese staff.
You may also want to watch:
Her role is aimed at giving small firms access to business banking and insurance, international trading with foreign exchange management and specialist finance for franchises and professionals such as solicitors and accountants.
- 1 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 10 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges