Bank of Dave tells all in Reed Finance’s ‘pie & pint’ night at St Katharine’s Docks
- Credit: Burnley Savings & Loans
A series of events for those in accountancy and finance kicks off tonight with a ‘pie and pint’ evening with ‘Bank of Dave’ founder Dave Fishwick.
He reaveals all at a business leaders’ forum being held at St Katharine’s Docks, when he explains what made him take on seemingly insurmountable odds.
Dave is guest of Reed Finance recruitment consultancy, which specialises in senior and executive-level financial recruitment, to tell his real-life ‘David and Goliath’ story.
The former van and minibus dealer recalls how he believed he could do better than local banks.
The banking authorities told him it was impossible—even criminal.
But Dave pressed on and set up Burnley Savings and Loans. He found himself a national celebrity, starring in Channel 4’s ‘Bank of Dave’ documentary.
You may also want to watch:
There is now a big queue of eager depositors and borrowers waiting on his doorstep, a real-life story of David and Goliath with “lessons for businesses big and small”, an example showing what made him take on seemingly insurmountable odds—and beat them.
Reed Finance’s Great Business Leaders’ Forum starts 6.30pm at The Dickens Inn at St Katharine’s Docks, by the Tower of London. Tube: Tower Hill.
- 1 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 2 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 3 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 4 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 5 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 6 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 7 Stolen bikes being recycled in Mile End by police
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 10 Report reveals scale of support offered by council during Covid crisis