Bank sells off Regent’s Canal site near Barbican for new homes
PLANS for an �80m scheme for 300 new homes next to London’s Regent’s Canal have been unveiled. Deutsche Bank has sold the two-acre site alongside the Wenlock canal basin near the Barbican to developers
PLANS for an �80 million scheme for 300 new homes next to London’s Regent’s Canal have been unveiled.
Deutsche Bank has sold the two-acre site at Wharf Road in Shoreditch, alongside the tree-lined Wenlock canal basin off the City Road, to A2Dominion developers.
It comes with planning permission for 327 flats up to four bedrooms, including 232 for sale on the property market and 95 affordable’ properties, with 85,000sq ft of commercial space.
Details released last night include features such as rooftop gardens, balconies overlooking the canal, some car parking and secure bike storage.
You may also want to watch:
Demolition of the commercial wharves and warehouses currently occupying the site is due to start in 2012, with the new development likely to be completed in 2013.
The development, half-way between Angel and Old Street Underground stations, is 15 minutes’ walk from the Barbican in the City. Hoxton is also close by.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 6 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
- 7 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 8 Lockdown dancing in your own living room goes online from Canary Wharf
- 9 Tower of London's Queen raven feared dead
- 10 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United