Bank sells off Regent’s Canal site near Barbican for new homes
PLANS for an �80m scheme for 300 new homes next to London’s Regent’s Canal have been unveiled. Deutsche Bank has sold the two-acre site alongside the Wenlock canal basin near the Barbican to developers
PLANS for an �80 million scheme for 300 new homes next to London’s Regent’s Canal have been unveiled.
Deutsche Bank has sold the two-acre site at Wharf Road in Shoreditch, alongside the tree-lined Wenlock canal basin off the City Road, to A2Dominion developers.
It comes with planning permission for 327 flats up to four bedrooms, including 232 for sale on the property market and 95 affordable’ properties, with 85,000sq ft of commercial space.
Details released last night include features such as rooftop gardens, balconies overlooking the canal, some car parking and secure bike storage.
You may also want to watch:
Demolition of the commercial wharves and warehouses currently occupying the site is due to start in 2012, with the new development likely to be completed in 2013.
The development, half-way between Angel and Old Street Underground stations, is 15 minutes’ walk from the Barbican in the City. Hoxton is also close by.
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 4 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 5 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 6 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 7 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Tokyo 2020: Poplar children have their own 'Olympics'
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?