Bank sells off Regent’s Canal site near Barbican for new homes
PLANS for an �80m scheme for 300 new homes next to London’s Regent’s Canal have been unveiled. Deutsche Bank has sold the two-acre site alongside the Wenlock canal basin near the Barbican to developers
PLANS for an �80 million scheme for 300 new homes next to London’s Regent’s Canal have been unveiled.
Deutsche Bank has sold the two-acre site at Wharf Road in Shoreditch, alongside the tree-lined Wenlock canal basin off the City Road, to A2Dominion developers.
It comes with planning permission for 327 flats up to four bedrooms, including 232 for sale on the property market and 95 affordable’ properties, with 85,000sq ft of commercial space.
Details released last night include features such as rooftop gardens, balconies overlooking the canal, some car parking and secure bike storage.
You may also want to watch:
Demolition of the commercial wharves and warehouses currently occupying the site is due to start in 2012, with the new development likely to be completed in 2013.
The development, half-way between Angel and Old Street Underground stations, is 15 minutes’ walk from the Barbican in the City. Hoxton is also close by.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 3 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 6 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 7 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 8 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'