Bank sells off Regent’s Canal site near Barbican for new homes
PLANS for an �80m scheme for 300 new homes next to London’s Regent’s Canal have been unveiled. Deutsche Bank has sold the two-acre site alongside the Wenlock canal basin near the Barbican to developers
PLANS for an �80 million scheme for 300 new homes next to London’s Regent’s Canal have been unveiled.
Deutsche Bank has sold the two-acre site at Wharf Road in Shoreditch, alongside the tree-lined Wenlock canal basin off the City Road, to A2Dominion developers.
It comes with planning permission for 327 flats up to four bedrooms, including 232 for sale on the property market and 95 affordable’ properties, with 85,000sq ft of commercial space.
Details released last night include features such as rooftop gardens, balconies overlooking the canal, some car parking and secure bike storage.
Demolition of the commercial wharves and warehouses currently occupying the site is due to start in 2012, with the new development likely to be completed in 2013.
The development, half-way between Angel and Old Street Underground stations, is 15 minutes’ walk from the Barbican in the City. Hoxton is also close by.
- 1 Traffic slow moving in Limehouse and Poplar due to burst water main
- 2 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 3 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 4 The gift of giving: Where to donate food across east London this Christmas
- 5 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 6 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 7 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 8 Delayed Canary Wharf 'portacabin' hotel hopes to open in 2022
- 9 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 10 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'