Search

Barbecue causes Limehouse flat fire

PUBLISHED: 13:18 30 June 2014 | UPDATED: 13:56 30 June 2014

Tower Hamlets fire chief wants businesses to get behind the youth scheme

Tower Hamlets fire chief wants businesses to get behind the youth scheme

Archant

A disposable barbecue caused a blaze at a block of flats in Limehouse.

Firefighters were called at 5.58pm on Saturday, June 28 to the building in Thomas Road, and took crews from four stations just under an hour to get the fire under control.

Crew Manager Charlee Barclay, who was at the scene, said: “It appears that a resident had been using the barbecue on the roof which quickly caught the timber decking alight.

“It is really important that people don’t use barbecues on balconies or on top of tower blocks as you could be putting the lives of the residents inside the building at risk.

“Always make sure barbecues are completely cool before leaving them unattended.”

Read more:

Three puppies stolen from Limehouse flat


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the East London Advertiser. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the East London Advertiser