Barbecue causes Limehouse flat fire
- Credit: Archant
A disposable barbecue caused a blaze at a block of flats in Limehouse.
Firefighters were called at 5.58pm on Saturday, June 28 to the building in Thomas Road, and took crews from four stations just under an hour to get the fire under control.
Crew Manager Charlee Barclay, who was at the scene, said: “It appears that a resident had been using the barbecue on the roof which quickly caught the timber decking alight.
“It is really important that people don’t use barbecues on balconies or on top of tower blocks as you could be putting the lives of the residents inside the building at risk.
“Always make sure barbecues are completely cool before leaving them unattended.”
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family