Barbecue to raise cash for work on historic Wapping church
A BLANKET barbecue is being held on Sunday to help raise funds for a grade 1 listed church in Wapping. Water is seeping through the roof and damaging beams at St Peter s Church – full name St Peter s London Docks – and the community want to raise cash f
A BLANKET barbecue is being held on Sunday to help raise funds for a grade 1 listed church in Wapping.
Water is seeping through the roof and damaging beams at St Peter's Church - full name St Peter's London Docks - and the community want to raise cash fast to stop the rot.
Guests are invited to bring a blanket to sit on outside the church in Wapping Lane from 1pm on Sunday (July 11).
Food costs �5 and drink is extra at the event.
You may also want to watch:
Campaigners hope to raise a total of �70,000 with a series of events and grant applications, with �10,000 needed to treat the problems with the beams.
The church was designed by Frederick Rownall and work started on it in 1865.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 7 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 10 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs