Barbecue to raise cash for work on historic Wapping church
A BLANKET barbecue is being held on Sunday to help raise funds for a grade 1 listed church in Wapping. Water is seeping through the roof and damaging beams at St Peter s Church – full name St Peter s London Docks – and the community want to raise cash f
A BLANKET barbecue is being held on Sunday to help raise funds for a grade 1 listed church in Wapping.
Water is seeping through the roof and damaging beams at St Peter's Church - full name St Peter's London Docks - and the community want to raise cash fast to stop the rot.
Guests are invited to bring a blanket to sit on outside the church in Wapping Lane from 1pm on Sunday (July 11).
Food costs �5 and drink is extra at the event.
You may also want to watch:
Campaigners hope to raise a total of �70,000 with a series of events and grant applications, with �10,000 needed to treat the problems with the beams.
The church was designed by Frederick Rownall and work started on it in 1865.
- 1 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 2 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 3 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 4 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 7 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 8 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 9 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 10 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job