Barbecue to raise cash for work on historic Wapping church
A BLANKET barbecue is being held on Sunday to help raise funds for a grade 1 listed church in Wapping. Water is seeping through the roof and damaging beams at St Peter s Church – full name St Peter s London Docks – and the community want to raise cash f
A BLANKET barbecue is being held on Sunday to help raise funds for a grade 1 listed church in Wapping.
Water is seeping through the roof and damaging beams at St Peter's Church - full name St Peter's London Docks - and the community want to raise cash fast to stop the rot.
Guests are invited to bring a blanket to sit on outside the church in Wapping Lane from 1pm on Sunday (July 11).
Food costs �5 and drink is extra at the event.
You may also want to watch:
Campaigners hope to raise a total of �70,000 with a series of events and grant applications, with �10,000 needed to treat the problems with the beams.
The church was designed by Frederick Rownall and work started on it in 1865.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 3 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 6 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines