Barking and Dagenham College student chef lands a job at The Hilton Canary Wharf
- Credit: Archant
A teenage student chef at Barking and Dagenham College has shown she is a recipe for success by landing a job at a top hotel.
Angelika Toporowska, from Romford, will begin her career at The Hilton Canary Wharf after she impressed bosses so much they offered a role as a commis chef.
The 19-year-old, who is enrolled on a hospitality and catering course at the college’s Technical Skills Academy in Barking, visited the hotel with other students earlier this year.
Using her own initiative she emailed the head chef asking him for work experience to which he said yes.
This lead to her being offered the job when it was completed.
You may also want to watch:
Angelika is originally from Poland and didn’t speak much English when she first enrolled at the college four years ago.
Her tutor Drew Chipps said: “This is a fabulous opportunity to learn and gain a fully-rounded experience in a professional kitchen.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
“The world really is Angelika’s oyster!”