Barking MP Margaret Hodge signs Holocaust Educational Trust’s Book of Commitment
- Credit: Archant
The Labour MP for Barking has signed the Holocaust Educational Trust’s Book of Commitment in a pledged to remember those killed by the Nazis during the Second World War.
Dame Margaret Hodge will also honour Holocaust Memorial Day on Saturday, which pays tribute to all the victims of the Holocaust and subsequent genocides.
The day, which is also the anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz-Birkenau, will see thousands of commemorative events take place at schools, faith groups and community organisations across the country.
The theme this year is ‘The power of words’.
Dame Margaret said: “I signed the Holocaust Educational Trust’s Book of Commitment, pledging my commitment to Holocaust Memorial Day and honouring those who were murdered during the Holocaust as well as paying tribute to the extraordinary Holocaust survivors who work tirelessly to educate young people today.
You may also want to watch:
The Holocaust Educational Trust has been closely involved in the establishment and development of Holocaust Memorial Day since it began in 2000.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower