Baudry the new Orient captain
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Fans reveal delight after club confirm French defender will be skipper for the new season
Leyton Orient have confirmed Mathieu Baudry will be their captain for the forthcoming League Two campaign and his appointment has gone down well with O’s supporters.
The French defender has been at Brisbane Road since joining the club in 2012 from AFC Bournemouth. He has gone on to make 113 appearances for the E10 outfit and scored eight times.
The 27-year-old is one of the longest serving players at the club and he revealed his delight at being announced as Orient skipper by head coach Ian Hendon.
Baudry tweeted: “Thanks everyone for the messages. I’m feeling really honoured and I’m delighted to represent this team because it’s a great bunch of lads, who are honest and eager.
You may also want to watch:
“Hopefully together we can make everyone proud and make this a season to remember, but what I know is everyone is going to give everything.”
Orient supporters wasted no time in revealing their happiness following Baudry’s appointment and it gave them an opportunity to discuss a famous anecdote regarding the Frenchman.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
Here are some of your views below on the O’s defender being confirmed as captain for the 2015/16 season.
@LenM4: “Rock in defence. Stays loyal in our lowest moments. The best choice for captain.
@orient_jay: “Couldn’t have picked a better leader than Mathieu Baudry, let’s hope your our promotion winning captain.
@SamCass9: “Baudry is an excellent choice as captain, one of the longest serving players and probably the calmest defender in the football league.
@Masters_JamesD: “Congratulations to Mathieu Baudry on being appointed the new Leyton Orient captain. A real leader. His apology in the pub after Wembley testament to the man.
@MossyLj: “Missed a pen in the play-off final then went immediately to the pub near Wembley to apologise to the fans. What a man Mathieu Baudry.
@StuieBurley: “Congratulations to Mathieu Baudry on becoming Leyton Orient captain. A good and deserving choice.
@johnmackie6: “Congrats on the captaincy Mathieu Baudry. Lead them to promotion.
Orient fans will now hope Baudry can follow in the footsteps of John Mackie and deliver promotion from League Two.