Beginning of new career in Genesis for cuddly Stepney Sailor
Meet ‘Stepney Sailor’—the latest lovable ‘cuddly’ coming out of London’s East End.
He’s been selected by three bloggers who were commissioned to choose their favourite artists and designers for a new art collection.
Stepney Sailor has retired from a life on the Ocean waves to take up residence till Christmas at the East End’s Genesis Cinema.
He is taking the stage as star of the Stepney Green Design Collection which has been curated by lifestyle and design bloggers Dezeen, the Londoneer and London Plinth.
The collection includes bits and bobs such as a specially-designed Stepney vase by ceramicist Phil Cuttance and chandeliers by east London’s Plumen design collective, as well as Jennie Sharman’s cuddly Sailor bear.
You may also want to watch:
It opens at the newly-restored cinema in the Mile End Road tomorrow (Friday), running till the end of the year.
The exhibition is a launch pad for East Thames housing group’s ‘Vivo’ project in Stepney Green with 462 apartments just off Whitehorse Lane, which go on the property market this week from �240,000.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Man found stabbed on board night bus