Bengali mela plans underway
BUSINESSES that would like to have a stall at the East End’s popular Bengali New Year street party should apply soon.
The festival, A Baishakhi Mela, to be held on May 8, is the largest celebration outside Bangladesh itself.
If past years are anything to go by, Brick Lane will be teeming with performers in intricate costumes, along with aromatic food stalls and tens of thousands of party goers.
The event is predicted to attract more than 100,000 from all over the country.
Internationally acclaimed performers and family entertainment are promised.
You may also want to watch:
East Enders can also perform on the day, take part in the procession or become a sponsor.
To apply to be a trader, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Brigade issues fire safety warning after Limehouse studio blaze
- 3 Khalid Ali couldn't hide delight after winning start against Dean Wilkinson
- 4 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 5 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 6 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 7 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 8 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 9 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 10 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week