Bengali mela plans underway
BUSINESSES that would like to have a stall at the East End’s popular Bengali New Year street party should apply soon.
The festival, A Baishakhi Mela, to be held on May 8, is the largest celebration outside Bangladesh itself.
If past years are anything to go by, Brick Lane will be teeming with performers in intricate costumes, along with aromatic food stalls and tens of thousands of party goers.
The event is predicted to attract more than 100,000 from all over the country.
Internationally acclaimed performers and family entertainment are promised.
You may also want to watch:
East Enders can also perform on the day, take part in the procession or become a sponsor.
To apply to be a trader, email email@example.com.
- 1 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 4 Trees now up for 'adoption' to help make East End greener
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 7 Police renew appeal over disappearance of man last seen in Poplar
- 8 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 9 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 10 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries