Bengali mela plans underway
BUSINESSES that would like to have a stall at the East End’s popular Bengali New Year street party should apply soon.
The festival, A Baishakhi Mela, to be held on May 8, is the largest celebration outside Bangladesh itself.
If past years are anything to go by, Brick Lane will be teeming with performers in intricate costumes, along with aromatic food stalls and tens of thousands of party goers.
The event is predicted to attract more than 100,000 from all over the country.
Internationally acclaimed performers and family entertainment are promised.
You may also want to watch:
East Enders can also perform on the day, take part in the procession or become a sponsor.
To apply to be a trader, email email@example.com.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 9 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 10 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single