Bengali mela plans underway
BUSINESSES that would like to have a stall at the East End’s popular Bengali New Year street party should apply soon.
The festival, A Baishakhi Mela, to be held on May 8, is the largest celebration outside Bangladesh itself.
If past years are anything to go by, Brick Lane will be teeming with performers in intricate costumes, along with aromatic food stalls and tens of thousands of party goers.
The event is predicted to attract more than 100,000 from all over the country.
Internationally acclaimed performers and family entertainment are promised.
East Enders can also perform on the day, take part in the procession or become a sponsor.
To apply to be a trader, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 2 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 3 Bow man charged after Dagenham stabbing given court date
- 4 Convicted: Met special constable who assaulted man in custody
- 5 Reports of man 'carrying metal pole' in Isle of Dogs
- 6 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
- 7 2021: London teenage homicides reach highest level since records began
- 8 Teenager 'punched, kicked' by three men at DLR station
- 9 Guilty: East London criminals jailed in December 2021
- 10 XR activists cleared over storming Shadwell station in climate change protest