Bethnal Green actor set for 62 mile Yorkshire Dales trek
An actor is heading up north to compete in a gruelling cross country race to raise money for charity.
Ian Mairs is set to take part in ‘Trailtrekker’, a 62 mile journey through the Yorkshire Dales in June.
The Bethnal Green resident said he hopes to complete the trek in less than 24 hours as he raises cash for aid charity Oxfam.
His training regime sees him hit Victoria Park daily to prepare for the experience.
“The entrance fees have already been paid for, so all donations, no matter how small (or large!) will go straight to Oxfam, and will be much appreciated”, he said.
You may also want to watch:
To sponsor Ian, visit: http://www.justgiving.com/Ian-Mairs
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 5 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 6 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 7 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 8 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Police called as furious families told to quit Bow's 'dangerous' block