Bethnal Green actor set for 62 mile Yorkshire Dales trek
An actor is heading up north to compete in a gruelling cross country race to raise money for charity.
Ian Mairs is set to take part in ‘Trailtrekker’, a 62 mile journey through the Yorkshire Dales in June.
The Bethnal Green resident said he hopes to complete the trek in less than 24 hours as he raises cash for aid charity Oxfam.
His training regime sees him hit Victoria Park daily to prepare for the experience.
“The entrance fees have already been paid for, so all donations, no matter how small (or large!) will go straight to Oxfam, and will be much appreciated”, he said.
You may also want to watch:
To sponsor Ian, visit: http://www.justgiving.com/Ian-Mairs
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning