Bethnal Green babes get a taste for water
BABIES as young as a few weeks old will be able to take part in an award-winning swimming course in Bethnal Green next week.
Water Babies enables tiny tots to swim underwater and on the surface making the most of their natural affinity with water while teaching confidence and safety techniques.
Despite the emphasis having fun, the course does have a very serious side to it and babies are able to take part in the classes from birth.
Hannah Yeomans who runs Water Babies with Lucy Sullivan says: “Drowning is still the third highest cause of accidental death in the UK. In most cases, it’s the shock of sudden submersion that causes children to panic.
“We believe introducing babies to water as early as possible, they’ll be less likely to experience fear if they fall in.”
You may also want to watch:
Water Babies start February 8th at Beatrice Tate School Pool. For more information phone Hannah or Lucy on 020 8989 4821 or visit www.waterbabies.co.uk.
- 1 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 2 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 3 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 4 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 5 Leyton Orient agree new deal with defender Dan Happe
- 6 Travel: Roadworks at Shoreditch and Bishopsgate could slow traffic
- 7 Former Leyton Orient striker Lee Angol joins Bradford City
- 8 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 9 Fear of crime stalked households during Covid lockdown
- 10 Connor Wood keen to keep developing at Leyton Orient under Kenny Jackett