Bethnal Green babes get a taste for water
BABIES as young as a few weeks old will be able to take part in an award-winning swimming course in Bethnal Green next week.
Water Babies enables tiny tots to swim underwater and on the surface making the most of their natural affinity with water while teaching confidence and safety techniques.
Despite the emphasis having fun, the course does have a very serious side to it and babies are able to take part in the classes from birth.
Hannah Yeomans who runs Water Babies with Lucy Sullivan says: “Drowning is still the third highest cause of accidental death in the UK. In most cases, it’s the shock of sudden submersion that causes children to panic.
“We believe introducing babies to water as early as possible, they’ll be less likely to experience fear if they fall in.”
You may also want to watch:
Water Babies start February 8th at Beatrice Tate School Pool. For more information phone Hannah or Lucy on 020 8989 4821 or visit www.waterbabies.co.uk.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 6 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 9 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 10 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August