Bethnal Green businesses get to work together through pub networking event
Bethnal Green businesses, from butchers to graphic designers, can band together this Friday at a pub networking event to help overcome the economic downturn.
The Star at Bethnal Green is hosting the get-together and is also offering assistance to new ventures in the area, through use of their function rooms and big screens for meetings.
Pub owner Rob Star wanted a chance to meet fellow business people and to share ideas on how to work together in the tough financial climate.
He said: “Since opening 3 years ago we’ve seen so many businesses disappear.
“We believe that by pulling the local business community together in friendly dialogue we can discover new ideas to help one another buck this negative trend.
You may also want to watch:
“If we can help new start-ups by giving them a space to work or letting them use our Wi-Fi then our staff will be more than happy to help.”
The Open Lunch event at the pub in Bethnal Green Road, which is open to all businesses in the area, runs from midday to 3pm and also promises live entertainment and their latest lunch menu.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
To request an invitation, email RJ at email@example.com or call 020 7729 0167.