Bethnal Green model hopes to be crowned Miss Flavour
A Bethnal Green model has been picked from hundreds to appear in the Miss Flavour competition in the West End on November 3.
Amairay Melhado, 23, of Roman Road, will take to the catwalk at the Caf� De Paris club near Shaftesbury Avenue in the hope of being picked over 20 other models by judges from youth lifestyle magazine Miss Flavour.
She got through to the final, which 313 hopefuls applied for and which will be presented by BBC Radio 1Xtra DJs Ace and Vis, thanks to over 100 Facebook votes from friends and family.
She said: “It would mean a lot to win. I’ve been trying to get into modelling for a few years and the magazine can give you a lot of help with your modelling career.
“I’m looking forward to it although I do feel nervous.”
You may also want to watch:
Last year’s winner Melissa Lewars went on to become the face of the Luster hair product range and has also contributed articles to the magazine.
The event will feature performances from Princess Nyah, Fumin and Lioness-UK.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel
Tickets are available at flavourmag.co.uk.