Bethnal Green model hopes to be crowned Miss Flavour
A Bethnal Green model has been picked from hundreds to appear in the Miss Flavour competition in the West End on November 3.
Amairay Melhado, 23, of Roman Road, will take to the catwalk at the Caf� De Paris club near Shaftesbury Avenue in the hope of being picked over 20 other models by judges from youth lifestyle magazine Miss Flavour.
She got through to the final, which 313 hopefuls applied for and which will be presented by BBC Radio 1Xtra DJs Ace and Vis, thanks to over 100 Facebook votes from friends and family.
She said: “It would mean a lot to win. I’ve been trying to get into modelling for a few years and the magazine can give you a lot of help with your modelling career.
“I’m looking forward to it although I do feel nervous.”
You may also want to watch:
Last year’s winner Melissa Lewars went on to become the face of the Luster hair product range and has also contributed articles to the magazine.
The event will feature performances from Princess Nyah, Fumin and Lioness-UK.
- 1 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 2 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 5 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 6 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 7 'Earn while you learn' new degree course for students from any background
- 8 Waste bin by the Thames used as 'lifebuoy' to save marine life
- 9 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
Tickets are available at flavourmag.co.uk.