Bethnal Green model hopes to be crowned Miss Flavour
A Bethnal Green model has been picked from hundreds to appear in the Miss Flavour competition in the West End on November 3.
Amairay Melhado, 23, of Roman Road, will take to the catwalk at the Caf� De Paris club near Shaftesbury Avenue in the hope of being picked over 20 other models by judges from youth lifestyle magazine Miss Flavour.
She got through to the final, which 313 hopefuls applied for and which will be presented by BBC Radio 1Xtra DJs Ace and Vis, thanks to over 100 Facebook votes from friends and family.
She said: “It would mean a lot to win. I’ve been trying to get into modelling for a few years and the magazine can give you a lot of help with your modelling career.
“I’m looking forward to it although I do feel nervous.”
Last year’s winner Melissa Lewars went on to become the face of the Luster hair product range and has also contributed articles to the magazine.
The event will feature performances from Princess Nyah, Fumin and Lioness-UK.
- 1 Covid-19: How the situation in Tower Hamlets compares to this time last year
- 2 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 3 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 4 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 5 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 6 Commercial Road flat damaged in Whitechapel blaze
- 7 Met Police arrest more than 900 in London-wide knife crime op
- 8 Two men sustained head injuries in Tower Hamlets commercial robberies
- 9 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 10 O's manager Jackett will evaluate team ahead of Northampton Town trip
Tickets are available at flavourmag.co.uk.