Bethnal Green pub finds the way to win its neighbours’ hearts
The Star of Bethnal Green pub found a good way to get to know the neighbours last Friday, offering them free food and drink and most importantly, a place to have a chat.
The Bethnal Green road venue hosted its first ever networking event, designed to bring businesses, entrepreneurs and shopkeepers in the area together for an afternoon of socialising.
Owner Rob Star also hoped the revellers could offer each other tips and suggestions on getting ahead during the economic downturn.
He said: “We opened in 2008 but I wish we’d done it before.
“We just thought it was a great way to get to know our neighbours.”
You may also want to watch:
The event also showcased the wide variety of businesses in east London, from the staff of the luxury Town Hall Hotel which opened off Cambridge Heath Road last spring to developers from Shoreditch production company Hi-Gloss.
And the hive of activity on the pub’s first floor proved that their idea had paid off.
- 1 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 4 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 5 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 6 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 7 Photography celebrating Roman Road displayed in high street windows
- 8 Police renew appeal over disappearance of man last seen in Poplar
- 9 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
Rosie Bryant, from One Stop Shop Media, based in the Truman Brewery in Brick Lane, said: “They definitely know a good way to get people to come along by offering them lots of nice food.”
The pub’s staff also took the opportunity to promote their “locals card” offering loyalty points, �10 off a food purchase and three bottles of wine a year.
For more information, visit starofbethnalgreen.com.