Bethnal Green pub finds the way to win its neighbours’ hearts
The Star of Bethnal Green pub found a good way to get to know the neighbours last Friday, offering them free food and drink and most importantly, a place to have a chat.
The Bethnal Green road venue hosted its first ever networking event, designed to bring businesses, entrepreneurs and shopkeepers in the area together for an afternoon of socialising.
Owner Rob Star also hoped the revellers could offer each other tips and suggestions on getting ahead during the economic downturn.
He said: “We opened in 2008 but I wish we’d done it before.
“We just thought it was a great way to get to know our neighbours.”
You may also want to watch:
The event also showcased the wide variety of businesses in east London, from the staff of the luxury Town Hall Hotel which opened off Cambridge Heath Road last spring to developers from Shoreditch production company Hi-Gloss.
And the hive of activity on the pub’s first floor proved that their idea had paid off.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 Man found stabbed on board night bus
- 3 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 4 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 5 Trees planted to remember people who died of Covid in the East End
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 8 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
Rosie Bryant, from One Stop Shop Media, based in the Truman Brewery in Brick Lane, said: “They definitely know a good way to get people to come along by offering them lots of nice food.”
The pub’s staff also took the opportunity to promote their “locals card” offering loyalty points, �10 off a food purchase and three bottles of wine a year.
For more information, visit starofbethnalgreen.com.