Bethnal Green pub’s football themed charity night for breast cancer charity
An East End pub is hosting a charity fun night with a football themed auction in aid of a cancer charity tonight.
Louise Cook and Lisa Willmore are holding a charity night for the Breast Cancer Campaign at the Carpenters Arms on Cambridge Heath Road from 8pm tonight (Friday November 12).
The two friends are raising cash for the charity before they set off on a trek along the Great Wall of China in May.
They each have to raise �2,000 for the charity and will be auctioning signed West ham shirts along with Millwall FC photos and a book by ex-footballer and tv presenter Gary Lineker and raffling an iPod Nano, a meal for two with wine at the Folly restaurant in Gracechurch Street, champagne and a meal for two at the Carpenters Arms.
Tickets for the event cost �10 and include a buffet and there will also be a DJ.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Cook from Poplar said: “We are doing lots of training, we are going to do two training trips to Snowdonia to get in training for the walk in May.”
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns