Bethnal Green pub’s football themed charity night for breast cancer charity
An East End pub is hosting a charity fun night with a football themed auction in aid of a cancer charity tonight.
Louise Cook and Lisa Willmore are holding a charity night for the Breast Cancer Campaign at the Carpenters Arms on Cambridge Heath Road from 8pm tonight (Friday November 12).
The two friends are raising cash for the charity before they set off on a trek along the Great Wall of China in May.
They each have to raise �2,000 for the charity and will be auctioning signed West ham shirts along with Millwall FC photos and a book by ex-footballer and tv presenter Gary Lineker and raffling an iPod Nano, a meal for two with wine at the Folly restaurant in Gracechurch Street, champagne and a meal for two at the Carpenters Arms.
Tickets for the event cost �10 and include a buffet and there will also be a DJ.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Cook from Poplar said: “We are doing lots of training, we are going to do two training trips to Snowdonia to get in training for the walk in May.”
- 1 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 4 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 'Earn while you learn' new degree course for students from any background
- 7 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 8 Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking
- 9 Crossharbour scheme for 2,000 new homes on Isle of Dogs is halted
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets