Bethnal Green pub’s football themed charity night for breast cancer charity
An East End pub is hosting a charity fun night with a football themed auction in aid of a cancer charity tonight.
Louise Cook and Lisa Willmore are holding a charity night for the Breast Cancer Campaign at the Carpenters Arms on Cambridge Heath Road from 8pm tonight (Friday November 12).
The two friends are raising cash for the charity before they set off on a trek along the Great Wall of China in May.
They each have to raise �2,000 for the charity and will be auctioning signed West ham shirts along with Millwall FC photos and a book by ex-footballer and tv presenter Gary Lineker and raffling an iPod Nano, a meal for two with wine at the Folly restaurant in Gracechurch Street, champagne and a meal for two at the Carpenters Arms.
Tickets for the event cost �10 and include a buffet and there will also be a DJ.
Miss Cook from Poplar said: “We are doing lots of training, we are going to do two training trips to Snowdonia to get in training for the walk in May.”
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 3 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 4 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 5 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 6 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 7 Leyton Orient could send goalkeeper Sargeant back out on loan
- 8 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 9 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 10 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi