Bethnal Green’s obese Beetlejuice stars in ITV show
- Credit: Archant
A tubby dog was in the limelight last week when he appeared on a TV show about overweight pets – halfway through a challenge to beat the bulge.
Staffordshire bull terrier Beetlejuice, from Bethnal Green, has shed more than two kilograms from his starting weight of 44.3kg (seven stone) in the three months since the start of his diet.
But he remains a whopping 12kg off his ideal weight of 30kg, despite joining an animal slimming contest run by pets charity PDSA.
Beetlejuice has now appeared on ITV1’s The Alan Titchmarsh Show to draw attention to the plight of fat pets.
Owner Margaret Cox said: “Beetlejuice is doing really well. So far he’s lost 3cm off his waist and we’ve had to tighten his collar by three holes so he’s definitely losing weight!
“We could see he was struggling so we stopped feeding him as many treats but he didn’t lose as much weight as we hoped.”
He now has another three months to vie for the title of PDSA’s Pet Fit Club Champion.
- 1 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 2 Delayed Canary Wharf 'portacabin' hotel hopes to open in 2022
- 3 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 4 Free vegan food at Spitalfields Market
- 5 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 6 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 7 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 8 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 9 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 10 East London man charged with six terrorism offences