Bethnal Green store director taking on Great Ethiopian Run for charity
- Credit: Noel Meehan
A Bethnal Green store director is set to take on a run with a difference - it’s 2,000 metres above sea level.
Amit Kara, who works at Specsavers in Bethnal Green Road, is tackling the 10km Great Ethiopian Run at the end of the month to raise money for Vision Aid Overseas.
The charity aims to transform access to eyecare in developing countries, providing services that people in the UK take for granted.
Amit said: “Vision Aid Overseas is a great cause.
“This is an amazing opportunity for me to raise a lot of money for charity while taking part in an event which will really push me outside my comfort zone.
You may also want to watch:
“I cannot wait to get out there now.”
To sponsor Amit visit justgiving.com/fundraising/amit-kara.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto