Beverley Knight backs condom campaign for East End pubs to promote safe sex during World Cup
SOUL singer Beverley Knight wants EastEnders to avoid an 'own goal' during this World Cup. Ms Knight is backing a safe sex campaign in pubs and clubs to make staff keep their condom machines stocked up.
SOUL singer Beverley Knight wants EastEnders to avoid an 'own goal' during this World Cup.
Ms Knight is backing a safe sex campaign in pubs and clubs to make staff keep their condom machines stocked up.
HIV and sexual health charity Terrence Higgins Trust (THT) wants to make sure amorous football fans are safe from sexually transmitted infections during the tournament.
With previous major sporting events attracting an increased demand for condoms it's likely that this year's tournament will prove no exception for increased post-sporting action.
You may also want to watch:
Last year, despite 100,000 condoms being stockpiled for the Winter Olympics, an additional 8,500 had to be emergency airlifted into the Olympic Villages in Vancouver and Whistler.
And in Sydney, at the 2000 Olympics, organisers' original order of 70,000 condoms for athletes went so fast that an extra 20,000 were needed which also ran out before the end of the Games.
- 1 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 3 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 4 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Trial of Poplar and Limehouse MP opens on 'housing fraud' charges
- 7 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 8 No arrests after triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 9 Man dies on Isle of Dogs
- 10 Poplar and Limehouse MP's trial on housing fraud charges set to start
Ms Knight said: "Pubs and bars are going to be packed to the rafters this World Cup and landlords and bar staff can make a real difference to keeping their punters safer throughout the tournament by making sure their condom machines are also full to the brim.