Biggs is playing politics with women’s safety
LABOUR London Assembly member John Biggs (City & East London) should not be playing politics where the safety of London’s women is concerned. Making London safer for everyone is a top priority for the Mayor
LABOUR London Assembly member John Biggs (City & East London) should not be playing politics where the safety of London’s women is concerned (Boris, Keep your Promise, Advertiser Website Letters).
Making London safer for everyone is a top priority for the Mayor.
Rape crisis centres are vital to increasing women's confidence in the police and helping victims of this heinous crime to recover from their ordeal.
This is why we are investing �1.4 million to enhance rape crisis provision by opening three new centres in London.
You may also want to watch:
Under the previous Mayor, only one rape crisis centre existed to service a city of seven million. With Boris Johnson, at least three more will be up and running by 2012.
This is a firm promise which the Mayor is absolutely committed to achieving.
- 1 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 5 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 6 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 7 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 9 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 10 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
Deputy Mayor for Policing