Biggs is playing politics with women’s safety
LABOUR London Assembly member John Biggs (City & East London) should not be playing politics where the safety of London’s women is concerned. Making London safer for everyone is a top priority for the Mayor
LABOUR London Assembly member John Biggs (City & East London) should not be playing politics where the safety of London’s women is concerned (Boris, Keep your Promise, Advertiser Website Letters).
Making London safer for everyone is a top priority for the Mayor.
Rape crisis centres are vital to increasing women's confidence in the police and helping victims of this heinous crime to recover from their ordeal.
This is why we are investing �1.4 million to enhance rape crisis provision by opening three new centres in London.
Under the previous Mayor, only one rape crisis centre existed to service a city of seven million. With Boris Johnson, at least three more will be up and running by 2012.
This is a firm promise which the Mayor is absolutely committed to achieving.
- 1 Archie Battersbee dies: Hospital staff showed 'extraordinary compassion'
- 2 Investigation under way after fire and explosion at Shoreditch block
- 3 Canary Wharf Underground station stabbing leaves man in hospital
- 4 Ongoing gas leak after fire and explosion in Shoreditch
- 5 Leyton Orient 'don't really need' Forest Green Rovers cup tie says Wellens
- 6 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 7 'Ruthless' killer sentenced for Isle of Dogs murder
- 8 We need a couple of bodies says Leyton Orient boss Wellens
- 9 Teenager, 17, arrested after car crashes into Bow apartment building
- 10 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
Deputy Mayor for Policing