Bike patrol cops aim to puncture London’s cycle theft trade
A 30-STRONG police cycle task force’ has hit the streets to tackle London’s growing wave of bike thefts. The two-wheel patrols are targeting organised cycle theft and criminal damage
A 30-STRONG police cycle 'task force' has hit the streets to tackle London's growing wave of bike thefts.
The two-wheel patrols are targeting cycle theft and criminal damage to bicycles, working with neighbourhood police and transport police teams.
The squad is part of City Hall's draft Cycle Security Plan to puncture organised cycle theft and disrupt the trade of stolen second-hand bikes on websites.
The cycle cops are also running undercover operations as well as high visibility patrols in crime 'hot spots.'
Part of the overall plan is setting up CCTV and better lighting at cycle parking locations to help prevent theft and deter criminals.
- 1 Covid-19: How the situation in Tower Hamlets compares to this time last year
- 2 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 3 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 4 Rooftop ice-rink opens at Tobacco Dock in Wapping
- 5 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 6 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 7 'Aggressive, violent behaviour' at Aldgate East tube station
- 8 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 9 Port and pie pop-up coming to Shoreditch
- 10 Two men sustained head injuries in Tower Hamlets commercial robberies