Bike patrol cops aim to puncture London’s cycle theft trade
A 30-STRONG police cycle task force’ has hit the streets to tackle London’s growing wave of bike thefts. The two-wheel patrols are targeting organised cycle theft and criminal damage
A 30-STRONG police cycle 'task force' has hit the streets to tackle London's growing wave of bike thefts.
The two-wheel patrols are targeting cycle theft and criminal damage to bicycles, working with neighbourhood police and transport police teams.
The squad is part of City Hall's draft Cycle Security Plan to puncture organised cycle theft and disrupt the trade of stolen second-hand bikes on websites.
The cycle cops are also running undercover operations as well as high visibility patrols in crime 'hot spots.'
You may also want to watch:
Part of the overall plan is setting up CCTV and better lighting at cycle parking locations to help prevent theft and deter criminals.
- 1 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 2 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire
- 3 MP's fury at four-year delay removing Grenfell-type cladding from block
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Leyton Orient have announced their retained list as they begin rebuild
- 6 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 7 'Halt to development draining services' after win for neighbourhood plan
- 8 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 9 Leyton Orient have a big summer ahead of them insists director Ling
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'