Bingo! Lucky student wins car
A STUDENT from Bethnal Green picked up a brand new Fiat Panda yesterday after winning it during her first ever game of bingo. Anita Barzey, 21, of Columbia Road, picked up the car from the nearby Sun Newspaper s HQ in Wapping after winning it as part of
A STUDENT from Bethnal Green picked up a brand new Fiat Panda yesterday after winning it during her first ever game of bingo.
Anita Barzey, 21, of Columbia Road, picked up the car from the nearby Sun Newspaper's HQ in Wapping after winning it as part of Sun Bingo's '100 Cars' giveaway.
She said: "It was the first time I'd ever played bingo and I was looking to make a bit of extra cash over the summer. I only spent �10 and won �50 - so I thought I'd quit while I was ahead.
"Then, a few days I got a call to say I had won a car - I couldn't believe it! All my mates are playing bingo now as they want one too."
You may also want to watch:
Anita, who has lived in the East End all her life, picked up the car from News International this week.
But she will have to wait a while before she can hit the open road as she is off to Ghana this week to take up a nine-week teaching job as part of her gap year.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
When she returns she plans to complete her degree in drama at Brunel University and hopes to graduate in 2010.
She added: "I still can't believe it - I won �50 at work once but that's about it. This has given me real faith in winning and I'll definitely enter more of this sort of thing.