Bingo! Lucky student wins car
A STUDENT from Bethnal Green picked up a brand new Fiat Panda yesterday after winning it during her first ever game of bingo. Anita Barzey, 21, of Columbia Road, picked up the car from the nearby Sun Newspaper s HQ in Wapping after winning it as part of
A STUDENT from Bethnal Green picked up a brand new Fiat Panda yesterday after winning it during her first ever game of bingo.
Anita Barzey, 21, of Columbia Road, picked up the car from the nearby Sun Newspaper's HQ in Wapping after winning it as part of Sun Bingo's '100 Cars' giveaway.
She said: "It was the first time I'd ever played bingo and I was looking to make a bit of extra cash over the summer. I only spent �10 and won �50 - so I thought I'd quit while I was ahead.
"Then, a few days I got a call to say I had won a car - I couldn't believe it! All my mates are playing bingo now as they want one too."
You may also want to watch:
Anita, who has lived in the East End all her life, picked up the car from News International this week.
But she will have to wait a while before she can hit the open road as she is off to Ghana this week to take up a nine-week teaching job as part of her gap year.
- 1 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 2 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 3 Leyton Orient sign Theo Archibald on loan from Lincoln City
- 4 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 5 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 6 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 7 Highest point reached on new homes in disused Bethnal Green car park
- 8 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 9 ‘Humanitarian disaster’ food shortage for East End families in poverty
- 10 Thames Path voted UK's No one for walking — even if blocked in places
When she returns she plans to complete her degree in drama at Brunel University and hopes to graduate in 2010.
She added: "I still can't believe it - I won �50 at work once but that's about it. This has given me real faith in winning and I'll definitely enter more of this sort of thing.