Bingo! Lucky student wins car
A STUDENT from Bethnal Green picked up a brand new Fiat Panda yesterday after winning it during her first ever game of bingo. Anita Barzey, 21, of Columbia Road, picked up the car from the nearby Sun Newspaper s HQ in Wapping after winning it as part of
A STUDENT from Bethnal Green picked up a brand new Fiat Panda yesterday after winning it during her first ever game of bingo.
Anita Barzey, 21, of Columbia Road, picked up the car from the nearby Sun Newspaper's HQ in Wapping after winning it as part of Sun Bingo's '100 Cars' giveaway.
She said: "It was the first time I'd ever played bingo and I was looking to make a bit of extra cash over the summer. I only spent �10 and won �50 - so I thought I'd quit while I was ahead.
"Then, a few days I got a call to say I had won a car - I couldn't believe it! All my mates are playing bingo now as they want one too."
You may also want to watch:
Anita, who has lived in the East End all her life, picked up the car from News International this week.
But she will have to wait a while before she can hit the open road as she is off to Ghana this week to take up a nine-week teaching job as part of her gap year.
- 1 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 2 Leyton Orient reportedly down to final three candidates
- 3 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 4 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 5 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 6 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 7 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 8 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 9 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 10 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
When she returns she plans to complete her degree in drama at Brunel University and hopes to graduate in 2010.
She added: "I still can't believe it - I won �50 at work once but that's about it. This has given me real faith in winning and I'll definitely enter more of this sort of thing.