Bingo! Lucky student wins car
A STUDENT from Bethnal Green picked up a brand new Fiat Panda yesterday after winning it during her first ever game of bingo. Anita Barzey, 21, of Columbia Road, picked up the car from the nearby Sun Newspaper s HQ in Wapping after winning it as part of
A STUDENT from Bethnal Green picked up a brand new Fiat Panda yesterday after winning it during her first ever game of bingo.
Anita Barzey, 21, of Columbia Road, picked up the car from the nearby Sun Newspaper's HQ in Wapping after winning it as part of Sun Bingo's '100 Cars' giveaway.
She said: "It was the first time I'd ever played bingo and I was looking to make a bit of extra cash over the summer. I only spent �10 and won �50 - so I thought I'd quit while I was ahead.
"Then, a few days I got a call to say I had won a car - I couldn't believe it! All my mates are playing bingo now as they want one too."
Anita, who has lived in the East End all her life, picked up the car from News International this week.
But she will have to wait a while before she can hit the open road as she is off to Ghana this week to take up a nine-week teaching job as part of her gap year.
- 1 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 2 Whitechapel dessert shop fined over £5,000 for dumping waste
- 3 Update: Woman, 56, missing in Tower Hamlets found
- 4 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 5 Cyclist in 'critical but stable' condition after Whitechapel lorry crash
- 6 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 7 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 8 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
- 9 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 10 Cyclist in hospital after lorry collision in Whitechapel
When she returns she plans to complete her degree in drama at Brunel University and hopes to graduate in 2010.
She added: "I still can't believe it - I won �50 at work once but that's about it. This has given me real faith in winning and I'll definitely enter more of this sort of thing.