GCSE Results Day 2018: Headteacher praises ‘exceptional results’ at Bishop Challoner
- Credit: James Johnston
The executive headteacher of Bishop Challoner has said that he is delighted with the “exceptional results”.
Pupils at both the girls’ school and the boys’ school, in Whitechapel, have done well across a range of subjects, including an almost 80 per cent pass 9-4 pass rate in RE.
Individual successes include Richard Mdabi-Mpopp with five 9s, three 8s and a B, Kazi Zahin with seven 9s, two 8s and an A and Nana Cargill with five 9s and four 8s.
Richard Fitzgerald, said: “We are very happy to see that our students have beaten national averages in both schools in nearly every subject especially in the core subjects of English and maths but also with exceptional results in other subjects such as RE, PE and the sciences.
“I would like to thank all of our teachers, students and parents for all the hard work they put in to make this possible.”
You may also want to watch:
The majority of pupils are expected to continue at the sixth form in September.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto