Blackwall Tunnel southbound weekend closure
THE Blackwall Tunnel is closed to southbound traffic this weekend as part of refurbishment and safety upgrade work continues on the 113-year-old tunnel. During the weekend closure, the Rotherhithe Tunnel will be converted to only carry southbound traffi
THE Blackwall Tunnel is closed to southbound traffic this weekend as part of refurbishment and safety upgrade work continues on the 113-year-old tunnel.
During the weekend closure, the Rotherhithe Tunnel will be converted to only carry southbound traffic across the weekend, while the Blackwall Tunnel will only carry northbound traffic.
Drivers who would usually use the Rotherhithe or Blackwall Tunnel will also be able to use alternative river crossings such as Tower Bridge, the Woolwich Ferry or the Dartford Crossing to complete their journey.
The Woolwich Ferry will run extra services between 6.10am and 10pm on Saturday and 9am and 9.30pm on Sunday to help reduce congestion and provide an alternative river crossing during the closures.
You may also want to watch:
Work on the refurbishment is due to finish by December 2012. Further information is at www.tfl.gov.uk/blackwalltunnelrefurbishment.
- 1 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 3 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 4 Green light for £1m in levies to be used for East End fire rescue ladder
- 5 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 6 'Laughing gas central': Call for action on antisocial behaviour
- 7 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Poplar and Limehouse MP's trial on housing fraud charges set to start
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking