Blackwall Tunnel southbound weekend closure
THE Blackwall Tunnel is closed to southbound traffic this weekend as part of refurbishment and safety upgrade work continues on the 113-year-old tunnel. During the weekend closure, the Rotherhithe Tunnel will be converted to only carry southbound traffi
THE Blackwall Tunnel is closed to southbound traffic this weekend as part of refurbishment and safety upgrade work continues on the 113-year-old tunnel.
During the weekend closure, the Rotherhithe Tunnel will be converted to only carry southbound traffic across the weekend, while the Blackwall Tunnel will only carry northbound traffic.
Drivers who would usually use the Rotherhithe or Blackwall Tunnel will also be able to use alternative river crossings such as Tower Bridge, the Woolwich Ferry or the Dartford Crossing to complete their journey.
The Woolwich Ferry will run extra services between 6.10am and 10pm on Saturday and 9am and 9.30pm on Sunday to help reduce congestion and provide an alternative river crossing during the closures.
Work on the refurbishment is due to finish by December 2012. Further information is at www.tfl.gov.uk/blackwalltunnelrefurbishment.
- 1 Covid-19: How the situation in Tower Hamlets compares to this time last year
- 2 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 3 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 4 Rooftop ice-rink opens at Tobacco Dock in Wapping
- 5 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 6 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 7 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 8 'Aggressive, violent behaviour' at Aldgate East tube station
- 9 Port and pie pop-up coming to Shoreditch
- 10 Men sought in relation to racially-motivated attack near Brick Lane venue