Blithehale Court courts growing student trade
WORK has been completed on a new six-storey block that will be home’ to hundreds more students in East London by the summer. Final touches were added this week to Bethnal Green’s new Blithehale Court
WORK has been completed on a new six-storey block that will be home’ to hundreds more students in East London by the summer.
Final touches were added this week to Bethnal Green’s new Blithehale Court in Cambridge Heath Road to meet growing demand for quality digs’ with the massive expansion of university and college education in East London.
It opens next month after its completion by Unite developers who are opening seven student hubs’ across the capital.
Demand has already outstripped supply for accommodation by two-to-one in London, with 17,000 extra students swarming into town over the next four years.
The developers are creating another 1,800 rooms this year alone with new centres in central locations, the latest being Blithehale Court just two minutes from Bethnal Green tube station on the Central Line, one stop from Liverpool Street in the City centre.
Students can go online for a virtual tour of one of Unite’s developments.
- 1 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 2 Bow man appears in court charged with murder after body found in cemetery
- 3 Shoreditch floral café blooms at new premises in Bethnal Green
- 4 East End's 'last' Victorian funeral parlour being restored - and opens as burger bar
- 5 New Kray twins book to explore lives of gangsters 'aside from the crimes'
- 6 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 7 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 8 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 9 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 10 New boy Brown 'buzzing' to help Leyton Orient