Blithehale Court courts growing student trade
WORK has been completed on a new six-storey block that will be home’ to hundreds more students in East London by the summer. Final touches were added this week to Bethnal Green’s new Blithehale Court
WORK has been completed on a new six-storey block that will be home’ to hundreds more students in East London by the summer.
Final touches were added this week to Bethnal Green’s new Blithehale Court in Cambridge Heath Road to meet growing demand for quality digs’ with the massive expansion of university and college education in East London.
It opens next month after its completion by Unite developers who are opening seven student hubs’ across the capital.
Demand has already outstripped supply for accommodation by two-to-one in London, with 17,000 extra students swarming into town over the next four years.
You may also want to watch:
The developers are creating another 1,800 rooms this year alone with new centres in central locations, the latest being Blithehale Court just two minutes from Bethnal Green tube station on the Central Line, one stop from Liverpool Street in the City centre.
Students can go online for a virtual tour of one of Unite’s developments.
- 1 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 2 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Waste bin by the Thames used as 'lifebuoy' to save marine life
- 7 Golfer to visit Canary Wharf on 'world's longest golf hole challenge'
- 8 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 9 'Earn while you learn' new degree course for students from any background
- 10 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant