Blithehale Court courts growing student trade
WORK has been completed on a new six-storey block that will be home’ to hundreds more students in East London by the summer. Final touches were added this week to Bethnal Green’s new Blithehale Court
WORK has been completed on a new six-storey block that will be home’ to hundreds more students in East London by the summer.
Final touches were added this week to Bethnal Green’s new Blithehale Court in Cambridge Heath Road to meet growing demand for quality digs’ with the massive expansion of university and college education in East London.
It opens next month after its completion by Unite developers who are opening seven student hubs’ across the capital.
Demand has already outstripped supply for accommodation by two-to-one in London, with 17,000 extra students swarming into town over the next four years.
You may also want to watch:
The developers are creating another 1,800 rooms this year alone with new centres in central locations, the latest being Blithehale Court just two minutes from Bethnal Green tube station on the Central Line, one stop from Liverpool Street in the City centre.
Students can go online for a virtual tour of one of Unite’s developments.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided