Blithehale Court courts growing student trade
WORK has been completed on a new six-storey block that will be home’ to hundreds more students in East London by the summer. Final touches were added this week to Bethnal Green’s new Blithehale Court
WORK has been completed on a new six-storey block that will be home’ to hundreds more students in East London by the summer.
Final touches were added this week to Bethnal Green’s new Blithehale Court in Cambridge Heath Road to meet growing demand for quality digs’ with the massive expansion of university and college education in East London.
It opens next month after its completion by Unite developers who are opening seven student hubs’ across the capital.
Demand has already outstripped supply for accommodation by two-to-one in London, with 17,000 extra students swarming into town over the next four years.
You may also want to watch:
The developers are creating another 1,800 rooms this year alone with new centres in central locations, the latest being Blithehale Court just two minutes from Bethnal Green tube station on the Central Line, one stop from Liverpool Street in the City centre.
Students can go online for a virtual tour of one of Unite’s developments.
- 1 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 2 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 3 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 4 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 5 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 6 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 7 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 8 Leyton Orient seal first away win of the season at Bristol Rovers
- 9 Travel round-up: Road and rail disruptions this week
- 10 Joe Gallen full of praise for O's forwards in Bristol Rovers victory