Bloomin’ lovely! East End is flowering again
BLOOMIN’ lovely! Flower power has returned with London’s East End in bloom. Judges are touring Tower Hamlets to look at the East End’s contribution to this year’s London in Bloom’ competition
By Danielle Myles
BLOOMIN’ marvellous! Flower power has returned with London’s East End in bloom.
Judges are touring Tower Hamlets to look at the East End’s contribution to this year’s London in Bloom’ competition.
The team of horticultural experts has been on a whirlwind tour this week, taking in the sites including Victoria Park’s sunken gardens (pictured) , Mile End Ecology Park, Bethnal Green’s Weavers Field woodland and the Dickens Inn at St Katherine’s Dock by the Tower of London.
You may also want to watch:
But they didn’t forget the smaller gems including the floral surroundings of Shadwell’s Cable Street community garden dedicated to organic flowers without pesticides.
The best and brightest are being shortlisted for the finals to compete with other parks and gardens across London.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
The score card allocates points for the sustainability,’ accessibility and community involvement as well as beauty. The results are announced on September 11.