Boats join Floating Market at Regent’s Canal for London’s Olympic Games
Trading Barges and narrow boats carrying everything from books and crafts to vintage frocks will line the Regent’s Canal’s this Friday (July 20).
Even a floating hairdresser will be among the boats plying for trade at Mile End Park
during the London Games and until August 16.
The Floating Market also promises to offer hearty food such sausages, Slovakian food and sandwiches.
The Canal & River Trust’s London waterway manager Jon Guest, said: “This summer thousands of visitors from all over the world will discover the wildlife and heritage havens running through the heart of London.
“The Regent’s Canal is really going to be an exciting place to visit, whether you’re passing on your way to the Games or want a fun afternoon with friends and family.”
The towpath along the canal is an official Olympic walking and cycling route, and nearby Victoria Park is one of the official Live Sites showing highlight from the Games on big screens.
- 1 Man 'seriously injured' after e-scooter fall
- 2 Teenager, 17, arrested after car crashes into Bow apartment building
- 3 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 4 'Ruthless' killer sentenced for Isle of Dogs murder
- 5 Canary Wharf Underground station stabbing leaves man in hospital
- 6 Investigation under way after fire and explosion at Shoreditch block
- 7 West Ham United 'didn't have any luck' at Forest says Moyes
- 8 Hard-working Leyton Orient 'nowhere near best' in Mansfield win says Wellens
- 9 London among areas where drought is declared
- 10 Man reportedly 'chased by moped rider with large knife' in Poplar
The market will move on to Little Venice in West London for the Paralympic Games.