Body artists await record confirmation
TATTOOISTS are waiting eagerly to find out whether they broke a world record at the weekend. Organisers at the London Tattoo Convention, held at Wapping s Tobacco Dock over the weekend, attempted to set a new record for the largest number of people gettin
TATTOOISTS are waiting eagerly to find out whether they broke a world record at the weekend.
Organisers at the London Tattoo Convention, held at Wapping's Tobacco Dock over the weekend, attempted to set a new record for the largest number of people getting tattooed in the same venue at the same time.
On Saturday afternoon 178 artists were all tattooing at the same time and organisers hope a new record has been set.
The attempt was fully monitored by and under strict conditions and guidelines imposed by Guinness World Records and organisers are now waiting for ratification from officials.
You may also want to watch:
More than 20,000 people flocked to Tobacco Dock for the fifth annual London Tattoo Convention where more than 200 tattooists showed their work and punters showed off their body art in a competition.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests