Where to enjoy firework displays for bonfire night 2021
- Credit: Danny Lawson/PA Wire/PA Images
Cups of mulled wine, shouts of "ooh" and "aah" as fireworks light up the sky, the warmth of a raging bonfire; there’s something special about Guy Fawkes night that helps make the depths of winter so much more bearable.
After the cancellations of last year, events are back on across east London in 2021. Here are a few of our favourites to help you celebrate this year’s bonfire night in style.
Eton Manor fireworks
Eton Manor’s grand fireworks display is due to make a big return following a year off in 2020.
There will be plenty to get stuck into during the day, as the clubhouse bar opens at 1pm and a BBQ and outside bar will be ready from 5pm, before the fireworks show kicks off around 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Date: November 7
Location: Eton Manor RFC, Nutter Lane, E11 2JA
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 6 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 7 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 8 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Man found stabbed on board night bus
Price: Adults £8, children five-16 £5, children under five free
Bromley High School fireworks display
As its name suggests, Bromley High School fireworks display is perfect for all the family.
Packed with a funfair, face painting, food stalls, and of course the display itself, there’s plenty here for both adults and children alike.
Discounted early bird tickets are available until October 29.
Date: November 6, 5:45pm-8pm
Location: Bromley High School, Blackbrook Lane, Bromley,
Price: Adult early bird £8.50, child early bird £5.50, family early bird (two adults, two children) £22
Dulwich firework display
If you fancy getting out of east London and are looking for something a bit different, we recommend giving Dulwich’s firework display a go.
Labelled as Britain’s first "green" display, the event is keeping its fireworks but ditching the bonfire for a virtual one on a big screen.
Sparklers are also banned, as organisers Dulwich Football Club aims to try and reduce the event's impact on the environment.
Date: November 6, 5-7:30pm
Location: Dulwich Football Club, Giant Arches Road, SE24 9HP
Price: Adults £10, kids under 16 £1