Book opens on when Wills and Kate will tie the knot
A WHOLE host of Royal Wedding Wagers have been launched following today’s news that Prince William is finally set to marry his long term love Kate Middleton.
Royal officials confirmed today that the couple got engaged last month and a wedding will take place either next spring or summer.
The only bookie to offer bets on the specific date of the wedding, Paddy Power make Saturday, August 13 the current favourite to host the big day at 3/1 with the week earlier on Saturday, August 6 at 4/1.
Less likely at 10/1 is Saturday, July 30, which would fall just a day after the 30th anniversary of William’s parents’ wedding when Charles and Diana tied the knot at St Paul’s Cathedral.
A Paddy Power spokesman said: “Now that Will and Kate have finally confirmed their engagement the big question on everyone’s mind is what date the couple will choose for their big day. The first to find that out will be able to make themselves a right royal mint out of such sought after information.”
Next year will see The Queen’s 85th birthday and Prince Phillip’s 90th celebrated ahead of the big Olympic year in 2012.
As well as speculating on the date of Prince William and Kate’s wedding, Paddy Power have also opened betting on where the lavish ceremony will take place with Westminster Abbey the 6/5 favourite, and what title William will assume once hitched, with the Duke of Cambridge the 5/4 favourite.
- 1 Man 'seriously injured' after e-scooter fall
- 2 Canary Wharf Underground station stabbing leaves man in hospital
- 3 Investigation under way after fire and explosion at Shoreditch block
- 4 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 5 Teenager, 17, arrested after car crashes into Bow apartment building
- 6 'Ruthless' killer sentenced for Isle of Dogs murder
- 7 Archie Battersbee dies: Hospital staff showed 'extraordinary compassion'
- 8 Man reportedly 'chased by moped rider with large knife' in Poplar
- 9 Man convicted of stabbing Mohamed Ensser to death on Isle of Dogs
- 10 Ongoing gas leak after fire and explosion in Shoreditch
There’s even betting on which designer Kate will choose to create the wedding gown.