Book opens on when Wills and Kate will tie the knot
A WHOLE host of Royal Wedding Wagers have been launched following today’s news that Prince William is finally set to marry his long term love Kate Middleton.
Royal officials confirmed today that the couple got engaged last month and a wedding will take place either next spring or summer.
The only bookie to offer bets on the specific date of the wedding, Paddy Power make Saturday, August 13 the current favourite to host the big day at 3/1 with the week earlier on Saturday, August 6 at 4/1.
Less likely at 10/1 is Saturday, July 30, which would fall just a day after the 30th anniversary of William’s parents’ wedding when Charles and Diana tied the knot at St Paul’s Cathedral.
A Paddy Power spokesman said: “Now that Will and Kate have finally confirmed their engagement the big question on everyone’s mind is what date the couple will choose for their big day. The first to find that out will be able to make themselves a right royal mint out of such sought after information.”
You may also want to watch:
Next year will see The Queen’s 85th birthday and Prince Phillip’s 90th celebrated ahead of the big Olympic year in 2012.
As well as speculating on the date of Prince William and Kate’s wedding, Paddy Power have also opened betting on where the lavish ceremony will take place with Westminster Abbey the 6/5 favourite, and what title William will assume once hitched, with the Duke of Cambridge the 5/4 favourite.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
There’s even betting on which designer Kate will choose to create the wedding gown.