Boris hands out chocolate bar for best London idea
BORIS Johnson has promised a chocolate bar to anyone who comes up with the best idea every week for improving life in the capital. The London Mayor made the pledge at the London Assembly on Tuesday as he opened up consultation on his London plans includi
BORIS Johnson has promised a chocolate bar to anyone who comes up with the best idea every week for improving life in the capital.
The London Mayor made the pledge at the London Assembly on Tuesday as he opened up consultation on his London plans including his transport and economic development strategies.
Mr Johnson appeared to have been inspired by John F Kennedy who famously said: "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."
The London Mayor told his audience to not "just brood" about life in the capital.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "As an incentive I'm offering a bar of chocolate every week for the best new idea to improve life in the capital."
At the same time he overturned a ban on chocolate bars in the Assembly canteen. He fumed: "The hidden forces of political correctness have removed the chocolate bars without consulting me.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 5 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 6 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing
- 7 £18,000 awarded to Bethnal Green church to bring loo up to scratch
- 8 Lock-up garage space in Spitalfields used for social housing
- 9 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 10 Volunteers patrol streets after Isle of Dogs fatal stabbing